Monday, February 3, 2014

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Title: Incarnate
Author: Jodi Meadows
Reviewed by: Melanie
Series: Book one of New Soul series
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
How did I get this book: The Book Spot in Round Rock, TX
Format: Print
Rating: Enjoyed Reading it

Summary:
Every human soul in the town of heart is always reincarnated after they die. Until one soul never comes back and Ana is born in her place. Ana becomes an outcast and is hidden by her horrible  mother her whole life. Once she is old enough she leaves her mother in search of something more. On the way she is attacked by sylphs and rescued by a young man named Sam. As their relationship evolves Sam helps Ana continually fight for her rights and safety  in the town of Heart.

Review:
I thought the plot was unique and interesting. I had not read a reincarnation story before and I thought Meadows did a great job at creating a world where it felt as though reincarnation was a normal reality. She was able to develop a world in which new souls were looked upon as unnatural and abnormal.  The first book is definitely my favorite out of all three. I mostly enjoyed the complex relationship between characters Ana and Sam. I didn't quite connect with any other characters and often found it hard keeping up with the characters due to their strange  names. Overall, I found it enjoyable enough to read the second book in the series to see what happens next!

Notable Quote or Part:
I kissed him. Rather, I pressed my mouth against his and hoped he wouldn't run. It would probably kill me (Meadows,  263).

0 comments: