Thursday, February 27, 2014

Limoncello Yellow by Traci Andrighetti

Title: Limoncello Yellow
Author: Traci Andrighetti
Reviewed by: Tiffany
Series: Franki Amato mystery series
Genre: Fiction, Mystery
How did I get this book: Traci Andrighetti @ Adventures In Fiction
Format: Paperback
Rating: <3 <3 <3 <3 4 hearts - Hurry up and read this one!
  

Summary:

     Limoncello Yellow is a fun, sassy mystery novel.  The lead character Franki starts out in beautiful Austin, TX as a rookie cop who responds to a 911 call that involves her boyfriend and a German female wrestler.  (That's right people you will be giggling by pg 11).  This discovery leads to her decision to move forward with her life in New Orleans right around Mardi Gras.  She is going into business with her cute fashion savvy friend Veronica who owns a detective agency named Private Chicks Inc.  Franki soon finds that moving away doesn't magically solve her issues. Between solving a murder, dating a new man who has secrets and her Sicilian grandmother who keeps sending over "good Italian boys" as marriage prospects, Franki is going to gain 20 pounds through anxiety eating.

Review:

     This is a fun book to read! Franki has spunk and sass while still be girlie and eager to fall in love. Just like the author these characters have tons of personality and Traci does a great job with character development. I don't read a lot of mystery novels because I typically figure everything out before the big finish which makes it boring to continue reading (and God forbid I don't finish a book lol).  This was not true with this story as there are some nice twists and turns that kept me guessing right up to the reveal.  Which include but are not limited to strippers, nuns and grave dancing. I am sincerely looking forward to the next book and seeing what kind of antics the women from Private Chicks Inc. are up too.  

Favorite Part or Notable Quote:

Pg. 11 - "Be careful, Franki," Vince warned. "She's here from Munich on a semi-pro wrestling tour." "Oh, so now you're worried about my well being, Vince?" I asked, backing away from the German giantess.  Now that I mentioned it, I was a little worried about me too.  She was squatting down low with her hands raised, like she was going to make mincemeat of me.  

So many books, so little time!!! <3 Tiffany

0 comments: