Sunday, March 16, 2014

Three by Kristen Smmons

Title: Three
Author: Kristen Simmons
Reviewed by: Melanie
Series: Book three of Article 5 series
Genre: Young Adult/Dystopian Fiction
How did I get this book: The Book Spot in Round Rock, TX
Format: Print
Rating: Love It!

 Summary:
In the third book of the Article 5 series Chase and Ember continue their journey of survival while running into friends and foes along the way. Ember begins to constantly wonder whether or not the resistance is really doing the right thing or if they are just as bad as the FBR.   

 Review:
I was very excited to begin reading the third novel of the Article 5 series but it also brought a bit of sadness knowing it was the end of Chase and Embers journey. The relationship between the main characters didn’t seem as deep in the final book but the constant adventure throughout the novel kept me quite entertained. The first book of the Article 5 series is still my favorite but thats usually common for me when reading a trilogy. Simmons is a great story teller who leaves you craving for more.  I would recommend her books to anyone who loves young adult dystopian novels. I take that back, I would recommend her books to everyone!

 Notable quote or part:
Footsteps drew closer, and I braced myself for what might come. A shot of strychnine, as the soldiers received in the holding cells in Knoxville. A bullet, like that which had taken my mother’s life, The kind of beating that had broken Rebecca’s spine. The fear dissipated, and in its place came a cool, morbid calm. (Simmons, 316)


~~Melanie~~

0 comments: