Monday, February 17, 2014

Asunder and Infinite by Jodi Meadows

Title: Asunder and Infinite
Author: Jodi Meadows
Reviewed by: Melanie
Series: Books two and three of the New Soul series
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
How did I get this book: The Book Spot in Round Rock, TX
Format: Print
Rating: Enjoyed Reading it

Summary:
The second book in the New Soul series continues with Ana and Sam searching for answers while trying to survive. Ana finally finds out the truth of her existence and constantly struggles with who she can and can’t trust in the town of Heart. Soon the Sylph begin to act friendly towards Ana, leading many to believe she is evil and leaving Ana questioning whether the Sylph are really what they seem. With half the town of Heart out to get her she continues to search for the truth while struggling to survive. During the final book in the series Sam and Ana flee from Heart in hopes of stopping Janan from descending. On the way, their relationship is tested while they fight to survive the weather and the strange creatures living within the forest. 

Review:
In the first book I enjoyed the relationship between the two main characters Sam and Ana. In the second book their relationship turned a little too lovey dovey for my taste but I’m sure teenagers would love this series! Although both books were enjoyable to read I didn’t connect with any of the characters and never got that “can’t put the book down” feeling I had for the first book. I think I enjoyed the complicated relationship or non-relationship between Sam and Ana in the first book and once their relationship became official I wasn’t very interested anymore until their relationship got rocky in the third book. I know, Im strange! Other than that, the story was exciting and filled with adventure and fantasy. Anyone who loves to read about dragons and centaurs will love this series!

 *************************
*************************
*************************
*******SPOILER*******
*******SPOILER*******
*******SPOILER*******
*************************
*************************
*************************

My fellow bloggers Tiffany

and Christina were having a wine night together WITHOUT ME I might add! Around 11pm I received a notice on Facebook while I was laying in bed reading the last book of this series. The notice was a picture of Christina and Tiffany drunk and making goofy faces with the caption reading “We miss you”. I jokingly wrote back some smart ass comment and ended up telling them that I finished the book and everyone dies at the end! HAHAHA! They continued to call me several inappropriate and false names. A couple of days later I finished the series and…….THEY ALL DIE AT THE END!!! 
Oops!

Notable quote or part:
Black roses bloomed all around, and comforting heat enveloped the prison as the cell doors unlocked, then swung open. A trickle at first, and then the rest, the prisoners stepped out of their cells. They approached my sylph and me with only a little hesitation as I said, "They're my army" (Meadows, 329). 

0 comments: